Thursday, September 4, 2014

The First Day

I didn't want to post anything until now.  I was so afraid I might jinx something, especially after all that has happened previously.


I started a job today.  I actually went to work and showed up and they knew I was coming and I AM EMPLOYED.


Last Friday I had two interviews.  One was for a temporary position; the other was a temp-to-hire job.  Even though I wasn't as interested in the temporary position (not only because it was only temporary but also because it was in a field I'm less interested in), I wanted to go to both of the interviews because they were just that - interviews.  A shot at a job, not a guarantee.


Both interviews went well.  They went so well, in fact, that I wound up getting offered both positions. 


Obviously I chose the temp-to-hire one, which is at a local orthopedic clinic.  So today was my first day at work... the first time I've had a full-time gig since 2002. 


I think I did okay.  I tried to pick up as much as I could, which wasn't much but hopefully will be soon, and just kept going... and going... and going.  They hadn't warned me I was going to be spending the day walking, so while I did wear flats, my back is sore now.  My feet are, too, but not as much as my back.  I'll try to take some time to crawl in the tub this evening, but barring that, I'll pop some Aleve and keep going.


It's a little weird getting back into the working world, but so far so good!

2 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

Congratulations. I hope it goes well on the second day!

Wendy L. Callahan said...

It is *really* weird at first! Heh. There are a lot of emotional ups and downs too, which seems odd to say. But after years at home with the kids, I guess it's only natural. Good luck!