Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cabin fever

My husband caught cabin fever the other day.

So he talked me into getting a new one.

Not a log cabin, thankfully.

A car cabin.

Meet the car, a 2009 Chevy Impala LTZ.

It's a nice car. It really is. But when someone tells his wife that car buying is not in the plans for the weekend and then he drives home a car for a test drive (while said wife is PMSing), one should not expect a happy little response.

I'm just saying. Consider it my public service announcement for the week. It took some convincing to talk me into letting him get this car. I hate car payments.

But it is a nice car, and we did get a decent price on it. And now Oz has a vehicle with a working air conditioner and a working heater and which isn't going to OVERheat on the highways, all of which were problems that his truck had been having. He's elated.

I think he also likes the fact that it's a bit sporty-looking and has lots of gadgets. Since he's grown a moustache and goatee and gotten a younger-looking haircut (and is a self-proclaimed gadget whore), I think the car fits his new self-image... even if *I* am the one who made him grow the facial hair in the first place.

I have also been relieving some cabin fever this week.

Spring is in the air! It's 63 and mostly cloudy outside right now, which is warmer than it's been in months, and even the birds are having a day out.


It's not often that the neighbors get geese. Usually they land on our pond or on the pond of the folks who live cati-cornered from us, neither of which are good places for me to take pictures. So I had to snap this shot.

M1 and I are having a worm hunt on Tuesday. It should be all sorts of fun.

Off to go start prepping dinner now. Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and blackberry cobbler.

My man is extremely spoiled.

2 comments:

Marla said...

Nice car. Is this weather not wonderful? Let's hope it stays.

Ritsumei said...

We've been seeing the geese too again, and I just love that this year my little guy points them out to me! Congrats on the new car.

I also wanted to let you know that the new edition of the Classical Homeschooling Carnival is up, including your bacteria post. Thank you for submitting!