Monday, November 3, 2014

Whew!

Today is over, and that is a very, very good thing.  After last week, I kinda needed something to go right.  Last week saw me wind up in the ER with a massive kidney infection, two separate couples on the verge of breaking up (one is making positive progress now; the other is still struggling), spent two days cramming my head full of information to be used today, and, of course, the holiday, among other stuff.

So by Saturday night, I wound up in a puddle on the floor, bawling and saying I couldn't keep going on.  There's only so much emotion one person can bottle up before it hits like a Mack truck.

Part of my stress was work today.  I've been on the job for two months… and today and tomorrow I am running a satellite office for the office administrator who is taking a long weekend trip to visit some family.

No pressure or anything.

Last Tuesday was my first day out there.  I spent the morning going over bunches and bunches of data entry and making sure I knew what Ts to cross and Is to dot (and getting permissions changed via the IT department so I could cross said Ts and dot said Is in the first place).  In the afternoon, the doctor showed up and saw patients in the clinic.  It was hectic.

On Thursday I went out again and learned even more.  I left feeling like I knew just enough to be dangerous but not enough to function.

Today I was in the hot seat.

Thankfully it was a quiet day in the clinic.  The schedule wasn't jam-packed on either side (there are two sides/departments to this clinic, and they're both very, very different), and I was able to keep mostly caught up.

Tomorrow I'm back out there again.  I'll have a very busy afternoon, but the morning should be quiet.  I'm going to see if I can get as much done as I can.  I'm just glad I didn't screw everything up!

2 comments:

Wendy L. Callahan said...

Oh wow. I hope everything goes very smoothly for you as you fly on your own there!

Also, it sucks to have everyone else's emotional dramas play out around you. Good luck to them.

Common Household Mom said...

That sounds mighty stressful, for sure.

I don't know what a kidney infection is like, but I imagine it's dreadful. I hope you are fully recovered from that.