Friday, September 18, 2009

Photojournalism on a rainy day

So I haven't posted for a while. It hasn't been because I've forgotten about the blog or even that I haven't had the time (though I probably haven't). Mostly it was because I had forgotten where I put the camera! Shhh... don't tell Oz. Oh. Wait. He reads this. Hello, dear. Don't worry - I found it again! It was in the console of the van, no less! And the minute I found it, I did remembered putting it there and why it was put there, and that'll be another post later this week, I hope.

Moving on... I found the camera. Just in time, too, because I had promised M1 that we could go on a mushroom hunt around the yard. It's been a tad rainy here over the past couple of weeks, which is great so long as you understand that the word "tad" means that it's rained almost every day for the past 14 days and my yard now resembles a miniature rain forest.

The mushrooms, however, are loving it.

This is one patch.


M1 insisted that I also take a photo of the new pinecones growing - he's very excited that fall is almost here. Fall, to him, means a birthday and Halloween!

He really liked that this mushroom curled up on itself.
And this one that has begun to grow out of the railroad ties around the garden. He adores fungus.

And speaking of the garden... meet my mutant plants. That's M1 standing next to the okra. Keep in mind that M1 is NOT short. He's about 4 1/2 feet tall. That white thing on the top of the okra plant just to the right of M1 in the picture is a flower. That plant is still growing, flowering, and producing like mad. So are the green beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, and basil. Everything is still growing, flowering, and producing. I made 3 pounds of pesto today. To make this, I needed 12 cups of basil. It didn't make a dent in the plants. Even M2's begonias and impatiens are still blooming and growing like crazy. When I trimmed some of the basil today, I found baby strawberries. I had really thought that my garden would kind of be DONE by now. Boy, was I wrong!

1 comment:

Habebi said...

LoL okay shoot me, but, I couldn't help but think, "she's got shrooms!!" ;-)

Btw, if your garden gets any bigger people are going to think you dump some super radioactive fertilizer. lol