Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I *heart* Halloween

To most of you who know me well, this will come as no surprise. Halloween is my favorite holiday. Every year on October 1, I break out all the decorations and deck the halls, so to speak, with my Halloween stuff. M1 loves to help me because, to him, October means two great things: Orange, his favorite color, and - even more importantly! - his birthday. M2 likes helping because she knows that at the end of the day, I'll turn off all the lights, shut the curtains, and light everything up.

Let me introduce you to some of my decor. Please bear in mind that I am not and never will be a fantastic interior designer or even a mediocre one, but I do love what I have.

These are my fall pumpkins. I keep thinking I should name them but haven't come up with anything good yet. Plus, if they had names, I'd probably feel bad when I turn them backwards on November 1 to use them as Thanksgiving decorations! Yes, I am completely weird like that. Thanks for noticing. :)


These are new this year. M1 helped me pick these out. His favorite is the one in front which reads "Rat Scat and Whisker Stew." Gotta love boy humor. M2 loves the glittery purple candle.

This is Oz's favorite - and least favorite - decoration there on the table. He'd like it a lot better if I'd actually let him eat the candy corn in the container there. The black leaves in the chandelier are new, and yes, those are black candles in the candelabra on the wall. I couldn't get it all in one picture, but there's also fake blood on the window behind the table.

Yes, I even have holiday kitchen towels.

I was going to stop there and then show you my very, very favorite Halloween stuff of all, but then I realized... no way! There's all the stuff outside! So I threw on my red robe and my fuzzy pink slippers ...



... yes, I said pink slippers. Clearly I'm going for trendy here. This is a Halloween post, after all. I had to fit in. And I really, really wanted to show you everything else. Because I know you care.

That's my transplated rosemary in the pot there.

Wanna hear something "spooky?" Last night the broom randomly fell over. You know what they say: When the broom falls over, company's coming. M1's birthday is Friday, so I'll have plenty of company this week. I'll let you know how accurate that broom continues to be ;)
These are my pumpkins. They line the sidewalk in front of the house.


This is my sign that I had made a couple of years ago. Many folks have gotten a giggle out of it.

Finally, last but definitely not least, my favorite Halloween items:

Department 56. Ohhh how I love thee. The first piece I ever got was that big house. I got it when I was up in Indiana visiting a friend with another mutual friend of ours. That house called my name, and I had to have it. Then I found the other two pieces (both pieces with signs are separate pieces) on eBay for relatively cheap. The house has a flickering light inside, and the bats on top spin around. I cannot wait to expand this neighborhood. One day, I fully intend that it'll take over the entire table. If I had to give up all my other Halloween decorations and just keep this, I think I could do it. I love it that much.

And for a Halloween freak like me, that's saying a lot.

No comments: