Monday, November 2, 2009

Blurb of a blog - Trick-or-treating

I know I've posted this photo before, but let's just call it a refresher.

This is the kids' costumes in pristine condition. This was a week before Halloween.

By the time we actually made it to Halloween night, I was a pro at this. DD's costume looked the same except she nixed the non-matching necklace and I had considerably more experience with putting that bow in her hair in a way that made it stay there for more than 20 seconds at a time.

DS's costume was another story. There were changes galore, such as:

1. The black hair was not quite so black. We only had enough hair dye to do his hair about 3/4 of the way on a second try, so he had red streaks down the sides on Halloween.
2. No necklace. The pendant fell off during the party at Nan's and we never did find it.
3. Black streaks all over the costume. Hair dye. 'Nuff said.
4. No teeth. They got left behind at the homeschool costume party.
5. No make-up. My sensory-sensitive boy was seriously not okay with make-up and refused to wear any of it ever, ever, EVER again. Moms don't argue with that logic. Usually.

I think that's all.

Despite all the changes, the kids were excited to head to my friend Bubbles' (remember the girl who helped us do the pranking with all the bubble wrap? She's now Bubbles. It fits her personality, anyway!) house for trick-or-treating. They knew several of their friends were going to be there.

Several of my friends were there, too! Please ignore the long hair on the girl in the rear. That's a wig. She wears wigs exceedingly well. Please refer to my previous wine "tasting" party post when I say that I can't say anything more about how I know this. What happens at the wine tasting stays at the wine tasting. Both these ladies were there, and they are both wonderful. Their daughters are adorable, too.


See? Adorable girls, even when they've achieved the zombie-like state that all kids reach after exceeding all possible candy-consumption limits for one small child in an evening and then consuming more.

Trick-or-treating is fun. Stealing the candy later is even better! Hope you all had great Halloweens!

No comments: