Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm here, I'm here!

I really am alive, and I haven't forgotten this blog - I've got post ideas coming out my ears! I just haven't had a chance to post anything! This post is actually from two weekends ago.

To really appreciate this post, you have to understand Oklahoma weather.

It's unable to be understood.

That's why we have the National Storm Prediction Center here.

It's been in the 70s or 80s every day for weeks. Hence the short sleeves you'll see in this post. I'm lovin' it!

This doesn't prevent the leaves from falling, though, and we have a tradition in my family that everyone (except me, because I'm the one taking pictures) gets buried in a leaf pile every fall.

My children spend weeks looking forward to Leaf Pile Day.


They really revel in it.

The ritual burial of my son. My daughter wouldn't hold still long enough this year to get herself properly interred.

Because the weather was so unusually warm, M1 and I ran to the store and picked up some groceries (OK, I lie... he carried the basket and did the shopping. I was merely there to supervise, pay, and chauffeur) for a cookout.

Nothing quite like hot dogs and marshmallows after a leaf pile extravaganza.

And those leaf piles transfer quite nicely to the compost bin as well!

No comments: