Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Day Back: A List

1. I need sleep the night before school starts. I'm currently running on D for Deprived.

2. My son has an ear infection and has needed medication every 4-5 hours since yesterday afternoon. Thankfully we now have antibiotics.

3. My daughter got up at 1:32 a.m. to inform me there were bugs in her hair that had crawled into her bed and ask could she sleep with me, please? There were no bugs. I still don't know if it was a vivid dream or a hallucination, but I do know that the mental debate kept me up for a while.

4. I didn't have time to fix coffee this morning. Seriously running on the fumes of fumes.

5. I always have to look out the window whenever I hear a siren coming down the street. I don't know why.

6. It's even worse if I hear the siren stop because then I want to go drive by the scene and see what's going on.

7. No, I'm actually not a rubbernecker. I have a fear of getting slammed from behind from people who are, though. Not that I've been in two rear-end accidents in the last two years or anything.

8. The boy bought candy corn at the pharmacy this morning. I still don't know why I let him do that. I blame #1.

9. I'm reading a book right now called "The Russian Concubine." I'm 102 pages in and loving it. Very descriptive. It appeals to my sense of mental imagery.

10. I'm about to go pick up the girl from kindergarten. I hope she had a good day. No phone calls is a good sign.

11. I am fixing homemade Canadian bacon pizza tonight. It sounds more delicious by the minute.

12. Thursday is my Friday for work. This is a good thing. It's been a slow week, but I'm still done.

13. Next week is Friday the 13th. Yes, I am superstitious.

14. I am the substitute helper chick at the preschool tomorrow. Let's hope I get some sleep before then!

3 comments:

Andi said...

I just popped over from April's...

"6. It's even worse if I hear the siren stop because then I want to go drive by the scene and see what's going on."

I love that. I am a nurse, so I mentally debate if I should run over and help...To see what's going on of course!

Yes, I'm nosey.

Mom on the Verge said...

No phone calls is good. Any day where small people don't scream at me is good, too!

AdamBlomfield said...

#8 was so he can share it with me... he already told me he was saving some!