Friday, October 21, 2011

I Feel Pretty!

I am not a happenin' person.  I happen to know that.  I can't be trendy if I try (tried once, wound up looking incredibly stupid, vowed to never let that particular fiasco happen again).  So imagine my surprise and delight when I opened up my inbox yesterday to find this:


Along with it came this message from Resa from Rebel Homeschool:

Hi there, I'm not sure if you read Educating April blog. She gave me the "Stylish Blogger" thing, which seems to be a little compliment and a "7 things about me" game. If you don't want to do the 7 things, that's fine. I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate your blog. Your posts come through with a heartfelt honesty that never fails to impress me. Thanks for being a wonderful homeschool blogger.

Best Wishes,

Resa

I'm touched.  I'm flattered!  Thank you so much!  And I can totally play along, especially since it's Friday and I went to the doctor this morning and I discovered I've lost 14 lbs. and he told me I'm in "perfect health."  It's just a great day, isn't it?

1.  I have had gray in my hair since I was 14.  The first time I found one, I pulled it out just to see if it really, truly was attached to my head.  It was.  I cried.  Then I kept discovering more.  Now I dye my hair.  It all works out.

2.  I have ridden in a hot air balloon.  I hate flying in airplanes, but I love hot air balloons.  They are so quiet and peaceful.  They let you drink champagne on board and/or afterward.  Best of all, I understand the physics!

3.  I am genetically missing four teeth.  Two of them are wisdom teeth, which is great because it saves me the surgery.  The other two are the two that are supposed to be on either side of my top front teeth.  My mom is missing the same two, and I think M1 is as well.  Don't know about M2 yet. 

4.  I want to visit New York City.  Here's what I want to do:  Arrive first thing in the morning.  Get in a cab.  Explore (i.e. drive or walk around) for the next four hours.  Take a bajillion pictures.  Go to a museum.  Spend one night in a plush hotel.  Eat indulgent meals.  Visit Central Park and maybe one more museum.  Get on a plane and leave.  I think that's about all I could take.  City girl, I am NOT.

5.  I took tap, ballet, and gymnastics lessons as a youngster... all from the same teacher.  Her name was Patty Pasek.  I also played soccer.  The coach was the mom of one of my classmates.  I loved all of it.  Then we moved to Oklahoma and my mom got depressed and I didn't get to participate in a single extracurricular activity until I joined the high school band.  It makes me sad, but it also makes me who I am.  No regrets.

6.  I cannot see the book Sarah, Plain and Tall without shuddering.  Imagine being the new girl in fourth grade.  Imagine being Sarah, plain and tall, when that book is read aloud to your fourth grade class.  Imagine the taunting. 

7.  I am too cheap to purchase real art for my walls.  Instead, I've been trying to find cross-stitch patterns of the same things so I can spend a year stitching them and then have to spend as much money on framing as it would have cost me to purchase the art in the first place.  Someone talk me out of this idea!

Thanks again for reading this blog, everyone.  I'm passing my award on to Toni at This Simple Life.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

farmwifetwo said...

I still remember sitting in my Gr 10 Latin class and out of nowhere the girl behind me going "You have white hair"....

Currently letting it grow out.... goal is to make it go Xmas which will be about 6mths... not likely to make it that long since the "man" is closing in on 50 and has not one white hair on his head.

Some things are just not fair :(