Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nine

Nine.  It's hard for me to believe that my son is now nine years old.  After all, it seems like only a few days ago when I was painting a bedroom blue and trying to figure out how on earth it was possible that I was a mother... and now I find it impossible to be the mother of a child who, legally, is halfway to adulthood!

I'm quite resistant to change, but thankfully, some things haven't.


For example....


... he still loves his mama and puts up with her silly antics.


He still has a great grin...



... even when he's studiously ignoring me.


He still loves to play all sorts of games with vehicles...



... even if he now builds the vehicles himself.


Most importantly, he's still not driving the car...


... even if he doesn't really fit in the seat any more.

Happy Birthday, M1!  I can only hope to be worthy to be your mother!

No comments: