Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween! (Post 1 of 2)

Halloween is always a month-long celebration around here.  A couple weekends ago we went to the pumpkin patch and selected our pumpkins, but we didn't actually do the carving until this previous Sunday.

Rotten pumpkins don't really make good holiday decorations, IMHO.

Oz cut the tops off of the pumpkins, we gave the kids spoons and bags, and they went to town.

Say cheese! 
Cleaning pumpkins is a messy process
M1 developed his own cleaning technique.
Cleaning pumpkins takes a while, and M1 got his cleaned out first.  Since he's getting a little older, we decided to let him try to carve his own this year.

Heh heh.  Heh.  I have a knife.


I'll admit, it was a little nerve-wracking watching him carve, but he did really well.  He didn't even nick himself.  It took a little work for him to get used to the process, but he eventually figured it out.


Meanwhile, I helped M2 finish cleaning out her pumpkin.


(Side note: When Oz picked up the camera, it was my instinct to either insist that he put it down or, alternately, delete the photos, but I read a blog post the other day about how moms never get in the photos and their kids miss that later... and so do the moms.  So here I am, IN THE PHOTO!)


M2 asked Oz to do the actual carving.  She drew her desired face,


and Oz carved it.


He got in the photo, too.

Oz also participated in the day by faking a Halloween costume.  Watch the transformation from regular guy to Unibomber.  It's freaky.




My very own Ted.  He just needs to get a little more gray in his hair.  And be mentally unstable.

On second thought, skip the Halloween costume.  I'll just keep my Oz.

Dress-up photos in a few!

No comments: