This morning, I got up at 8, which is slightly later than normal but not by much. Since then, I have:
- Folded and put away 2 loads of laundry that I sorted and washed last night
- Made more laundry detergent
- Cleaned and refilled the litter boxes
- Trimmed the boy's hag claws, otherwise known as fingernails
- Discussed personal responsibility with the boy (again) after making a disgusting discovery that I promised him I wouldn't reveal
- Called our attorney (well, OK, I called his wife/secretary) to discuss changes to our trust
- Made sure the girl was properly packed for an overnight trip to Grandma's
- Made sure the boy was properly packed for his swim meet
- Taught the children how to repot plants; M1 then repotted his bamboo and set it out front
Now I'm off to change clothes and make myself look decent so I can take M2 to her grandmother's and then go to lunch with friends, some of whom I haven't seen in ages.
Tomorrow is going to be busy, too. It's Mardi Gras, so I've promised the crew jambalaya. Even though we aren't doing school lessons, they still have violin and swimming lessons/practice, and I need to clean out the fish tank as well. I've also promised to take the kids to the aquarium sometime this week, since they both desperately want to see the new sea turtle exhibit, and on Friday we're going to meet with some friends to perform at an assisted living facility for Valentine's Day. Oh, and Thursday IS Valentine's Day, for which I still have precisely squat in the way of plans.
And to think that I had big dreams of studying German and working on my story all week.
I should know better. Still, if I can get all this stuff whipped into shape this week, maybe next week won't be so bad... right?