Thursday, February 19, 2009

New furniture

I love new furniture. I love putting it together (if that's required), smelling it, arranging it, and using it. I'm definitely not an interior designer. A real one would probably take one look at my living room and die of shock that someone actually lives this way. However... I still love new furniture.

And today, I'm proud to announce... our new bookshelf!


I helped put it together. In fact, I got it about 80% done, but then I didn't know where Adam had hidden his battery-powered screwdriver so he got to screw the back on. Plus I needed to fix supper, and supper trumps new furniture.


As you can see, this will be used to hold our homeschool materials (OK, for now... I don't see this being a permanent solution). The kids like it. Adam likes it. I love it. Even the cats think it's really cool because they can see out of the dining room window if they sit on top of it (Adam thinks he can keep them from doing this - I'll let you know how that goes).

I'm happy today.

No comments: