Wednesday, March 25, 2009

M2's birthday - the actual day

M2, in case you ever read this, never EVER doubt that I love you. How do I love thee? Let me count the pans. That's fried chicken, asparagus, and mashed potatoes in the pot on the back - you picked the meal! I then used the chicken pan to make gravy, too, which you insisted was crucial to the meal.


For all you other moms out there, THIS is really what love means. Being willing to cook all of THAT so that you can then wash all of THIS.

And don't forget the cake! It's not my most elaborate cake, but it worked. M2 actually picked out the cake and the frosting herself (with the sprinkles, of course... I know my friend Beth would approve), but Mama added the writing, sloppy as it is. I promise the party cake will look better.

Doing a round cake also gave me a great excuse to use my Kake Kutter! I have the square cake one, too. My Ozzie wuvs me.

See that gleam in her eye? That's 4-dom. It's a whole kingdom of entitlement complexes, drama, and still wishing for snuggles. She pwns that kingdom right now. She knows it. She wants it. She blew out all the candles, which is really what that concentrated look is all about.

And then she thoroughly enjoyed her cake and ice cream. See that gleam? It's back.

After that, it was time for presents. Everyone into the living room to watch the show!


Of course those weren't all the gifts, but it was the first gift and the last. That kitty is the new winner of her heart. She's in love with its tail. I knew she would be, which is why I bought it in the first place.
Finally... a birthday wouldn't be a birthday without a little movie at the end, would it? Gotta have memories. Enjoy!

video

No comments: