Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Not Cured, But...

I'm in a much better mood than I was yesterday.  For one thing, my head isn't threatening to explode.  For another, I've released myself from the expectation that M1 is going to function.  It's nearly 10 a.m., and he's just begun writing.  He's crouched behind the coffee table, manically twisting his hair, rocking, and going, "SHH. SHH. SHH. SHH. SHH. SHH. SHH. SHH. SHH. SHH," over... and over... and over.  Oh, wait, we just got an answering squawk to a cat howling at the back door to be let out.  Perhaps I should release the obnoxious cat and see if that red-tailed hawk which has been eyeing the chickens...

Never mind.

At this rate, M1 will get done with school sometime around 3 p.m., which doesn't work when he has a swimming lesson at noon and swim team practice at 2 and I really, really need to try to fit in a couple of errands in between.

I hereby absolve myself of any educational responsibility for the rest of the day.

There.  That feels better.

I got 10.5 hours of sleep last night, more or less, which probably has a lot to do with my New and Improved Mood.  Both kids were conked clean out by 7:30, despite their protestations of "I'm NOT tired!" and "Mom, I can't go to sleep."  I sipped a mug of warm apple cider, read a few chapters of a book, and put myself to bed at 8.  It was glorious.  Poor DH got home around 12:30 a.m. and was out the door by 6:30 a.m., so I missed him both ways, which I hate, but I think the sleep was worth it.  I still have the potential for a major grump-fest lurking in my system, but I don't quite feel like I'm perched on the edge of a cliff waiting for someone to show up so I can shove them off.

This is probably a good thing.

3 comments:

farmwifetwo said...

10.5 hrs, very envious. I saw mine this morning (he'll be back tomorrow afternoon sometime) and cursed the alarm clock at 6:30 since I didn't sleep much after 4:30am. BUT, I did miss the 10yr old (severely autistic one) go downstairs btwn 5:30 and 6:30 and play on You Tube... which is not something he's allowed to do but since I didn't hear him... stuff happens.

Consider it a normal school day. One that's filled with assemblies, and other classes that teach very little. Your son's projects are WAY above grade level... I wouldn't worry about it.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Sleep is a marvelous thing. I'm heading there right now, as a matter of fact.

Wendy L. Callahan said...

Glad you are feeling better - some days are just... Blargh!

You needed the rest. It's almost the weekend, so plenty of time to catch hubby later. :)