Monday, February 6, 2012

Today

Today...

... we are getting a new roof put on the house.  Roofing is noisy.  I knew this and was mentally prepared for it, but you can't prepare six cats for a roofing crew.  They are slinking around the house waiting for the sky to fall, ears permanently back and in the "oh, shit" position.  Every time the crew moves to a new location, the cats go, too, to see if they can finally figure out what the heck is going on around here.

... I am going to muck out the chicken coop.  It will be dirty.  It will be gross.  It will be DONE.

... I am doing five loads of laundry.  It's Monday.  Laundry happens.

... is the start of a very long week.  The kids got to bed late last night due to the Super Bowl, so they are tired today.  M1 keeps begging for a nap, and M2 was quiet and teary-eyed when I dropped her off at school.  By the time Saturday rolls around, we'll all desperately be in need of a weekend (which we won't get, because Oz is working on Saturday and I'm supposed to be at the school Saturday evening for their annual trivia night).

... I plan to exercise.  As if mucking out a chicken coop wasn't exercise enough.  I'd like to have some semblance of a waist again, preferably before my birthday in April.  (You may laugh now.)

... I am grateful for my husband who lined up the roofing crew and busted his hump over the weekend to work on some of the projects that have to be completed before we can list the house.  I feel like a horrible layabout compared to him, but in the back of my mind I know that when the time actually comes to have the house on the market, it'll be my turn to make sure that everything is shipshape all the time so that showings can happen when they need to happen.  And while that's a different kind of work, it is work.

... I'm procrastinating on doing all of the above.  That's really what I do best!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You're doing better than I would be! *I* would not be mucking out a chicken coup! :P Especially knowing about the mice living there. Nope. Would NOT happen. Shrieking like a wee pansy girl would happen. Begging off would happen. Convincing someone else THEY should do it would happen. ME doing it, nope. Not to mention there might be BIRDS in there.