Friday, October 1, 2010

Places to Go, People to See

I shouldn't be sitting here.  I should be moving.  Being productive.  Getting Halloween decorations out.

I don't want to.

So there.

I have 10 million things to do today.  I forgot about one of them until this morning.  Then my phone beeped at me to remind me of M1's hair appointment at 10:30.  I can't cancel because I have the stylist's laptop that Oz was de-virusing for her.  I need to go to the bank before that so I can get cash to pay her.  I need to go to the grocery store because food seems to be a necessity.  I need to deliver the last of the fundraiser stuff because I forgot to take it with me yesterday to deliver it.  I'm in the middle of doing laundry.  I told the kids we could decorate the house for Halloween today.  At some point I need to get some fish out to thaw for dinner.  I found the perfect desk on Craiglist for M1's birthday, for 10 bucks.  It's still for sale.  The catch?  It's in a town that's a good 25-30 minute drive from here, nowhere near anywhere else I plan to be today.

I was supposed to get to go to lunch with friends today.  That's the thing that has to go when the poo hits the fan.  I hate that.  Hate it.  I'd much rather go eat sushi with my friends than run errands or fight with the boy about math or pull the girl off of me to abandon her at kindergarten while she shrieks like a banshee or do ANY of the above-mentioned errands.

Part of me wants to say screw it all, toss the errand list out the window, and do lunch because I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown and need the time out.  The other part of me knows that if I don't do the things I said I'd do, they won't get done and will just sit there and pile up to be done next week.  Plus I'd still have the boy with me at lunch today, so it's not really escaping at all.

*sigh*

Being an adult is no fun today.  I think the weekend will be better, but for today, can I be done now?

2 comments:

Cheryl Barker said...

Sarah, saw your comment on Ree's Pioneer Woman blog and thought I'd pop over to say Hi. My parents attended a one-room school house, too, in their early years.

Sounds like you have a full and busy life. All the best -- and hope you get to have some fun this weekend!

Mom on the Verge said...

I feel your pain. But I used to organize computer data for a living, before I chucked it all for the glamorous life of homeschooling. I get a kick out of getting as many errands done in one trip as possible. It's like a game to me!

But I'm as guilty as the next person for procrastinating and missing out on "adult time". It sounds like a rainy day... I hope it worked out!