Sunday, November 13, 2011

Productivity ROCKS

Today was not the day I had planned, but it was awesome nonetheless.

Here's why:

  • The chicken coop is mucked out.  Fresh straw is in place.  The birds are happy.
  • The crape myrtles are no longer 75% dead and 25% living; all the cutaway pieces are in the burn pile.
  • The leaf pile the kids made in the front yard yesterday is also part of the burn pile.
  • The garage door works... first time, every time.  No more fiddling with the button to get the door to close!
  • The Halloween gear is finally stowed in the attic.
  • My van is parked in the garage.
  • The gerbil cage is clean.
  • M2 got her weekend reading assignment finished.
  • The trim between the carpet and the linoleum in the laundry room is retacked.
  • The door frame around the front door no longer has visible scratch marks.
  • The kids have made brownies.  I can smell them.
M2 and I didn't go to the local youth symphony concert that we had planned to attend; her mood was not amenable to being around people today.  However, even though things didn't necessarily go as planned, there are enough positives for me to be completely happy with this weekend.  Did I mention it's currently 76 degrees outside?  I'm thrilled that winter hasn't officially arrived.  If the nasty cold can hold off just until we get the Christmas lights up, I'll be a happy camper.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend, too :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Just love getting some of those To-Do's marked off the list!! YAY!

Suburban Correspondent said...

No earthquakes? No tornadoes?

Sarah said...

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Don't tempt it! ;) Why do you think I was being as productive as possible today? The kids have already started trying to guess the date of this year's blizzard.

farmwifetwo said...

Snow, nasty word. Was happy last week it stayed to the north.

I actually had 2hrs to myself on a weekend yesterday. One went next door to Grandma's (eldest), the other one went riding on the combine.

Bliss :)