Sunday, November 20, 2011

Time Marches On

As if I needed more ways to prove that each day I am getting older and each day the kids are getting bigger, M2 decided to remind me:


She has four gaps in her mouth now.  She already has two adult teeth on the bottom, but now she officially can't eat apples or corn unless they're in pie/applesauce or on the cob because girl can't bite.  (In other news, this is fantastic because when she throws her raging fits, she can't bite.)

She's been running around the house singing "ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY TWO FRONT TEETH" in her footy pajamas.  It's adorable.

The kids decided to ring in fall without me this year:


They raked all the leaves, without me asking, all by themselves, into a pile...


... then called me outside just to take the pictures while they jumped in it.


I have no place in their leaf-pile-jumping tradition any more other than to wield the camera, and I'm willing to bet that my place there is tenuous at best, too.  One day they'll just take pictures of each other, I'm sure.


That pile also looks a lot smaller compared to the children than it used to.

*sigh*

Another sign that winter is right around the corner showed up at one of our bird feeders this week:



It's a pretty little woodpecker, and it isn't the pileated type that we normally get.  I've enjoyed watching it come to feed.  More and more birds have been showing up, which means the colder weather is on the way.

Between all this and the constant pain in my knees (I'm sure I'm 'coming down' with arthritis), winter is definitely on its way.  Again.  Who said another year could go by so quickly??

1 comment:

Wendy L. Callahan said...

Aw, these are such lovely pictures. They do grow up too fast, don't they? It especially feels like a huge rush to the holidays and it seems like things don't slow down enough for us to really enjoy them.

I know that I have to consciously tell myself to slow down and enjoy. :)