Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Photo Post

The new camera is amazing.  But, as with anything technological, there is a learning curve.


This is the first photo that I took with my "new toy," as the family has dubbed it.  Notice all the orangey-red.  Clearly I hadn't learned to play with the settings.

Bokeh
But I did decide to go play with the flash...

Bokeh-less
... and was impressed by the difference in the depth of field.  I've never been able to play with those sorts of things before.


Then I sat down with the manual and learned that I can take sepia or black-and-white photos.


I can soften or warm a photo before I even take it.

His eye skin is prone to the effects of gravity when he rolls


And I can catch those great action shots that I've always missed before now.  I got some great photos of some of M2's classmates doing cartwheels today.  I don't have to worry so much about getting the timing perfect, which means I can worry about focus and composition - it's amazing :)

I am totally in love with my "new toy," and I can't wait to use it at M2's school talent show.  I can sit all the way in the back and use my telephoto lens to get some great shots anyway!  I'm a tad giddy.  I'll never be a pro photographer, but if I can get some fun shots now and then, it'll be worth every minute of poring over the manual!

No comments: