Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Busy-ness

I haven't really had too many chances to get on here and post lately; I've just been busy.  But I wanted to get on and immortalize some of the best times from the past few weeks.


M1 has discovered a love of model making.  He's graduated from models that snap together to models that glue together, and he's thrilled about it.  He loves the painting and the putting together of pieces, and I can't wait to see what the final product looks like.


The kids had two weeks of Spring Break.  The first week was sunny and brilliant, and we spent a lot of time outside.  The second week, though - the week that all the public schools were on break - was rainy.  And that was brilliant, too, because we went to an almost-vacant zoo on a misty day, and I let the kids puddle-duck on a rainy day.  They loved it.


M2 turned 7 at the end of the break...


... and she had a wonderful party at a local pottery painting place.


She doesn't look 7.  It's scary how fast they grow.


This past weekend, the Easter Bunny paid our house a visit.


M1 knows that Mom is involved in most of these sorts of gigs, but he can't for the life of him work out who might be involved here.  (On a completely unrelated note, my sister works for a costuming and drama department at a college in another city.)


The kids always love hunting for eggs...


... and they got to have TWO hunts this year, one at home and one at Granddad's house with their cousins (step-cousins? How do you relate your step-sibling's kids to your kids?)


Mostly, though, we've been doing a lot of this.  Working.  Plugging away.  The kitchen has been completely repainted, and we're waiting on the contractor to get a date set to come do the foundation piers and leveling.  The kids and I did some painting on the exterior of the house today.  I need to steam clean the carpets, Oz has to repair a couple of floor pieces, and once all these things are done... THAT'S IT.  Other than cleaning like my life depends on it.  The end is in sight, though.  I'd love to get the house listed next week!

Fingers crossed.  It's been an eventful spring! :)

1 comment:

Wendy L. Callahan said...

Ooh, model-making! That's a nifty hobby and a great way to stay entertained. My hubby is into painting the teeny figures for D&D and Warhammer. It keeps him out of my hair. ;)

Happy Birthday to M2!

Hmm. I call 'em step-cousins too. But that's because I'm into genealogy and super uptight about keeping perfect track of every family relationship. Heh.