Sunday, January 12, 2014

What Are You Reading?

One of my goals for this 2014 journey is to read at least 3 books a month.  Last year I was gunning for a book a week - and made it - but sometimes I felt like I wasn't getting to absorb the words because there was a stack of books on my requested library list and I 'had' to get to them.  So I'm going easier on myself.

I'm currently reading this book, which has been on my to-read list since I heard it was coming out back in early fall:

Fingal O'Reilly, Irish Doctor
and sort of meandering my way through this one:

The IEP from A to Z
My third book for this month, which I've already finished because it sucked me in and was excellent, is this one:

Day After Night
Do you have a reading goal for 2014?  Even if you don't, if you're reading a good book (or have read a good one that you want to share), what is it?

5 comments:

Wendy L. Callahan said...

I'd like to read more in general. Hopefully after March 1... Argh.

Common Household Mom said...

I just finished "Still Life" (a murder mystery) by Louise Penny, and now I'm reading "The Art of Mending" by Whatserface Berg.

farmwifetwo said...

I read all the time so there's no set goal.. I put 300 books on my goodreads/booklikes goals but that's for me not a goal.

I need to find new things to read. I just put 4 non-fics on the "request to buy" at the library. Very little appeals lately.

Addlepated Monkey Mama said...

"Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" (okay so far, she paints introverts and extroverts with a pretty broad brush) and "A Tale for the Time Being" (fan-tas-tic! I can't put it down.)

I usually don't read two books at once, but they're both library books with waiting lists so I won't be able to renew them.

Kim said...

If I can get one read a month, I will feel accomplished. It will be considerably more than I finished last year. I just finished Wild by Cheryl Strayed. I just started The Dirty Life. A friend and I have a virtual/long-distance book club between the two of us. She motivates me to get the books read.