Monday, March 19, 2012

My 500th Post

According to Blogger, this is my 500th blog post.  I didn't realize that fact until I logged on to type this, but I think it's fitting, because I like big, round, noticeable numbers.  Also, it's 2012.  I don't believe in the so-called Mayan Apocalypse, but I do believe that this year will be memorable for a couple of reasons.

First, I turn 30 in less than a month.  Speaking of big, round, noticeable numbers, there's one.  I'd like to get my weight down to 150, which is also a big, round, noticeable number.  I'm only 10 lbs. away, so it's technically doable as long as I quit eating Totinos and Ben & Jerry's at 10:30 p.m.  Y'know, things like that.

Second, M2 comes home this fall.  When that happens, I will no longer be a private school mom.  (I've never been a public school mom.)  I will officially be a full-time homeschooling mother.  I'm excited.

Third, we will be moving, and I don't plan to do so again until I'm old and wrinkly and gray.  We have to get lucky and catch the market, but I think we'll do okay.  This is sheer optimism speaking, of course, but I'll take whatever universal vibrations I can get.

Finally, I think this year will be memorable for the animals and people who "shuffle[d] off this mortal coil."  So far, I've lost a cat.  The gerbil is on its way out.  It's been in the corner of its cage since M2 and I cleaned it a couple of days ago, and it hasn't eaten or made a nest, and I haven't seen any evidence that it's drunk anything or used the bathroom, either.  Moving to the bipedal family members, Oz's grandmother and stepfather have been in and out of the hospital several times this year; his mother has been in twice.  My dad's dad is in very poor health (in a nursing home) and my mom's mom may be losing vision in her good eye.  Even if nobody actually passes, all the dominos are being set up to tumble, one after another, and I'm trying to make peace with that.

I won't borrow trouble, though.  No matter how bleak the outlook, I think the overall vibe of this year will be positive, and I don't want to lose sight of that.  2012 will definitely be a stepping stone, a time when I'll look back and think that this is when everything started.  And I'm okay with that.

:)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Even if your domino's tumble one by one, we're still here for you to help put them back up.