Friday, March 23, 2012

My Baby

My baby.  My little M2.  I love telling her birth story because she decided to come into this world three weeks early, bound and determined that she was coming out RIGHT NOW.  

But I'll spare you those details.

Oz and I had considered several names for her, but there was only one that seemed right.  When we told our mothers what we had decided, they hated it.  My mom remembered a girl from her college with that name who was abrupt and took no crap from anyone; my mother-in-law had similar reasons for disliking our choice.  But Oz and I didn't care.  And once M2 was born, everyone saw that the name fit her to a T.  Is she a little abrupt?  Perhaps, sometimes.  She takes after her mother that way  Does she take crap?  Oh, heck no.  Is she aptly named?  Yes, unless M2 decides that she's Freya that day, which is a whole other post.

Tomorrow, this little imp turns 7.  It seems like only yesterday that she was a tiny little 1-year-old sitting on the front porch...


... or a 2-year-old who desperately wanted her hair long enough to be in a pony tail...


... or a 3-year-old who begged to have earrings and all her hair chopped off...


... or a 4-year-old who couldn't wait to be in school ALL DAY EVERY DAY so that there were lots and lots of people to play with...


... or a 5-year-old going on 15 with enough attitude to stick her hip clear into the middle of next week.


And now, of course, she's my 6-year-old.


She's sweet and charming and funny and empathetic and oh, so smart.  She loves animals and anatomy and art.  She loves reading, playing her violin, and being outdoors as much as humanly possible.  Her moods are as changeable as ever, but even when she loses hope that there is such a thing as a positive tomorrow, a few cuddles from Mama can still make things just a little bit better.

Happy Birthday, M2.  I can't wait to see what the next year brings, and no matter what, I love you always!

3 comments:

Wendy L. Callahan said...

Awww. Happy Birthday to M2!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday M2!!!! We love you like our own over here!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Awww!! what a gorgeous baby you have!! I have a child about the same age. To see the progression through all the ages was great! Happy birthday to her!