Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wait... It's May??

I swear this year just started, and now here I am staring the end of the school year straight in the eye and starting to wonder what, exactly, the summer and fall will hold.  Here's what I know will happen:

1.  M1 will reach his maintenance dose at the allergist's and will hopefully be able to stop taking daily Zyrtec sometime before fall.  I love the idea of not having to give one of the daily meds!

2.  I will lose my ever-lovin' mind from having to keep this house clean.  Someone come buy it already! *eyetwitch*

3.  It will get hot.  REALLY hot.  Oklahoma hot.  (And for those of you who don't know, we win at that. Kinda like the Gulf Coast wins at hurricanes and Indonesia wins at earthquakes [Sorry, Haiti].)

4.  M1 will get bored because it's summer and he can.

5.  M2 will get bored because it's summer and she can.

6.  I will snap.

Somewhere in there, I hope to do some fun stuff.  I didn't sign the kids up for camp this summer because A) I don't know when/if we'll be moving and B) M2 didn't want to go.  So I'll be 'stuck' with them.  We'll hit the pool, we'll go to the zoo and maybe the aquarium, and we might go skating or bowling.  I want to have picnics in the back yard and/or park and hopefully let the kids camp outside one night (but we have to move for that to happen because currently the tent and the sleeping bags are in storage).  I want to have lazy days where we stay in the house and watch movies and eat junk food all day.  I want to blow bubbles and draw on the sidewalk with chalk and play games before they get too old to want to do any of those things, especially with me.  I want to go to the free fair and the flea market and maybe the amusement park.  I want them to get to spend some time with their grandparents and aunts and uncles.

So little childhood is left.  M1 is 9 1/2; M2 is 7.  It really does fly.  I want to savor this summer!

No comments: