Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Horse Lady

Every once in a while, I refer to The Horse Lady. I think it's time to introduce her properly. After all, I've been blogging for how long? Oh, OK, let's be honest, I don't keep track of things like that. I barely remember my own anniversary sometimes (sorry, dear... I know I'm the bad one in our relationship). Thankfully I have a back-up anniversary if I really do forget. Long story. I digress.

I hereby introduce K, aka The Horse Lady.

That's my back yard; that's her horse. That's actually the "baby" horse. He's 2. His name is Ace. He's kind of a turd, as 2-year-olds often are. I'm sure many of you can relate. K is trying to work on his stubborn streak, but he's a tad mulish. It must come from his father's side. How do I know?

Because K owns Mama Horse, too. Her name is Cherokee, and she's the sweetest horse ever. She's so steady, I'd trust my kids to run around her without any fear whatsoever. Not that they DO, but they COULD. Cherokee is K's baby now that her own kids are grown and have babies of their own.


She loves Cherokee the best. No mistaking her favorite at all.



Even though Ace likes to butt in now and then for extra lovin' of his own.

The Horse Lady. Animal Lover Extraordinaire. Housesitter (when I'm out of town). Surrogate Grandmother (she claims my kids and has known both of them since before birth, so I can't deny her that).

All in all, I'm happy to know her and to have her horses in my yard. They sort of came with the house, and I've never regretted it!

No comments: