Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How to Scare People

Bring a boy who looks like this...


... or this...


... into a store. Or a library. And watch 'em jump.

If you're polite, you can then explain to anyone who's huddling their child/ren out of the way that he is not, in fact, contagious.  It's all hives.  Big, scary-looking, itchy hives.

What really sucks is that I took him to the pediatrician today, and it's anyone's guess as to what is causing these giant welts.  It could be his cold urticaria.  It could be that I dared to be lazy last week and purchased some All Free & Clear laundry detergent (which we've used before!) instead of making my own.  It could be something totally new.  So I'm keeping him doped up on Benadryl, his inhaler, and the usual Zyrtec and Pepcid and just hoping this goes away.  Soon.  Because he's miserable, and when my baby is miserable, so am I.

*sad face*

1 comment:

Beth said...

Awww poor guy!! :(