Monday, June 27, 2011

Well Played, Monday

After last week, particularly Friday, I was grateful for the weekend reprieve.  However, Monday has rolled around again.  I'm with Garfield the Cat - not a fan of the Monday.

1.  M1 is sick in bed.  He looked like crap before swimming class this morning, and he came home looking even crappier.  I swear he has some sort of light rash on his face.  He's wheezing.  He says his chest hurts.  So he ate a little lunch and went to bed.  Hm.

2.  M2 ripped apart her goggles last week.  I put them back together, but she had separated parts that weren't meant to be separated (they were originally glued together) and they fell apart again during swim class today.  This meant she tried to refuse to jump off the diving board and got extremely angry with me after class when I told her that the money to replace them - if she wanted them replaced THIS summer - would have to come out of her allowance.  Cue the surreptitious beating of Mom in a public place.  She pummelled me with her little fists until she realized people were watching, and then she decided to "hug" me as hard as possible while stepping on my toes.  Adorable.

3.  M2's British accent has returned.  She's currently reading a Halloween book.  Half of it has been a la Liverpool; the other half has been a la Okie.  Bizarro.

4.  It's 95 degrees outside with a heat index of 103, and it's only 12:22 p.m.  Humidity is almost 50%.  I leave it to you to imagine the torture of stepping outside.  I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about.

I think it's time for Tuesday.  Where's the fast-forward button on the 24-hour remote?

3 comments:

Christy said...

I know it isn't funny...but the british accent makes me giggle just a little. ;P
I hope tomorrow treats you all better! Hope M1 feels better! Love ya!

Beth said...

Omm MAN..T1 was a fruitcake.. I was hoping that meant yours was smooth sailing. sorry :(

Mom on the Verge said...

Yeah. Now imagine a newborn in the mix. Stop screaming. Now don't you feel better?

Good luck! And make sure you get that British accent on video.