Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Surprise Weekend

My loving husband surprised me this weekend for our 11th anniversary.  He got a sitter named Grandma, made reservations, and informed me that we were going on a trip.

I packed a bag, and off we went.


We stayed at a B&B in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  It's off the beaten path, but I like that.  I don't like traffic.  Plus this is the B&B we stayed in for our very first anniversary, 10 years ago.  He remembered!


We stayed in a cute little room...


complete with Jacuzzi tub.


This is the porch where we ate our breakfasts and watched a movie on Saturday night.  The wicker furniture was surprisingly comfortable, and the windows were left open 24/7 to catch the cool breezes.  There was a fridge at our disposal, and my awesome man even thought to bring a bottle of vino and some glasses.  And chocolate :)

The trip was just what the doctor ordered.  It was amazing and peaceful and best of all, FUN.  I'll be writing another post or two about it over the next couple of days.  Here are some previews:


See the draperies on the window?  That's also on the porch of our B&B.  That door and window lead into the kitchen.  More importantly, though, see the cats in the draperies?  Yeah.  This crazy cat lady did, too.  Animals were a big part of our trip.  Eureka is definitely an animal-friendly city.


Food was another big part of our trip, but I'm going to combine that info with...


... the scenery and local flavor.  This photo was taken from the fourth floor of the Crescent Hotel. 

I love vacations.  And I love my husband for taking me on an impromptu one.  Happy Anniversary, Honey!


1 comment:

Habebi said...

Oz for the win!! Looks like you had a fantastic, and much deserved get away. Glad you got the weekend off hun!