Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Means...

Fall.

It might not be the best season of the year (sorry, folks, but I'm a springtime girl... provided we've had an actual winter, of course.  This year didn't count.), but it's close.

One of the things I do love about fall is decorating the house.  Spring is nice, of course, because it's all flowery and fresh and pretty.  Fall, though, is all about getting everything ready for winter.  All the smells and colors have a delicious appeal.


My mantel, for example, is now covered with leaves and candles and two little scarecrows that hold votive candles of their own.  The evenings have been cool enough at times to open the windows and let in a little bit of a breeze.


I've gotten a drink station all ready underneath the cabinet that holds the mugs.  We have containers of, from right to left, coffee, regular tea, herbal teas, and hot cocoa.  There are marshmallows in the pantry.  All I need now is some whipped cream to make the cocoa muy delicioso.

The kids have been looking forward to fall, too.  As soon as there was a cool evening, they donned their new fall pajamas and parked themselves on the hearth for a picture.

I told them to snuggle up and act like they liked each other, and I got this:


And then....


Oh, my.

BE NICE, KIDS!  This is going on the blog for posterity!!


Much better.


And now, back to your regularly scheduled day.

2 comments:

farmwifetwo said...

"The evenings have been cool enough to let a breeze through".

The evenings have been cool enough to worry about frost and I stuffed enough wood and paper in the boiler on Mon night (Dh was gone overnight) b/c it was not just cold but damp in the house.

Last day of harvest is today - still have cash crops but these are the one's we need a crew for - then I REALLY need to get the rest of my garden pulled out.

Tania said...

While my favorite season is winter, I do love fall. There is something about a crisp autumn day that that makes me want to snuggle in my bed and drink hot chocolate.

On another note, I totally get what you mean about telling the kids to be nice because these pics are going on the blog. I do the same thing!