Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hoodies FTW

Oz designated this week "Hoodie Week" for me in our house.  It's probably a good thing, because while wearing hoodies may make you a target for law enforcement (the Unibomber, Trayvon, take your pick... the two are in no way linked in my mind except for hoodies), they also make me feel cozy, and when I feel cozy I'm less likely to lose my shit at/dismantle the 11-year-old who thinks the hour of school between 8:30 and 9:30 is a warm-up hour in which he's supposed to roll around on the floor and annoy everyone.  The gray weather, a giant mug of coffee, Sinatra playing in the background... these are also things that make me feel sane.  It's the little things, folks.

Anyway, hoodies.

It started innocently enough.  Last year I complained that I didn't have any hoodies, and Oz bought me a San Francisco 49ers hoodie because my love for that team predates my love for my husband, and what kind of husband is a Bears fan, anyway?!?  He didn't even like football when I met him.  Traitor.

He also got me an Eskimo Joe's hoodie because my love of their food also predates my husband.

But it wasn't enough.  And when I was feeling down in a funk a few weeks ago, I felt it.  The Urge to Buy Hoodies.  It spoke to me through the medium of the Interwebz, and it said, "Buy the hoodies..."

And so I did.

I started at SnorgTees, who are not paying me to write any of this but if they wanted to send me free stuff, I certainly wouldn't object.  And I found these:



I found lots more than that, but at the time, I felt like I should stick to some sort of budget.  So I ordered two.  Then I went to Facebook and let the enablers there tell me that there's no such thing as too many hoodies.  Who am I to argue with the masses?  So I went to NoiseBot (who are also not paying me, but since I bought even more from them, should send me a thank-you note or something) and found three more designs that screamed BUY ME.  I'd show you what they were, but NoiseBot doesn't have happy little images that I can paste, sooo... sorry about that. 

Between all those hoodies, I now have enough hoodies to get me through an entire week.  Theoretically this should be enough cozy to keep me from losing my mind.  Bring it, Winter!

1 comment:

Common Household Mom said...

I love hoodies, but I have never had a hoodie with words on it. Hoodies serve as my bathrobe, my outerwear, my extra layer at football games.