Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve, in all its blizzardy glory

First of all, to those who comment on my blog, either once in a while or more regularly, I appreciate it! Thanks! It's nice to know my blog is being read :)


I went to bed last night thinking that today was going to be a horribly busy day.


I had to do things like...


three loads of laundry...



make and frost a red velvet cake...

clean the house...

and just generally get ready for about 15 people to descend on my house on Christmas Day for the traditional Christmas fried turkey, ham, stuffing, and all the other fixin's.

The Powers That Be, however, had other ideas.

I woke up to this:

A BLIZZARD WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6:00AM CST FRIDAY, DECEMBER 25
Issued: Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:21 PM CST
Expires: Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:30 PM CST

Wait... BLIZZARD.

That's not a word we use around here, ya know.

I had to check again. I still didn't believe it, so I did the laundry and made the cake and even conned Oz into helping me clean the entire house, just in case the Powers That Be were wrong.

By the time I got most of the house cleaned, though, this was happening to my front yard...

and this to my back yard...


And that was a couple of hours ago. Now the radar looks like THIS...

The pink is sleet/freezing rain, and the blue is snow of varying intensities.

Methinks we'll be having a White Christmas Sans Visitors this year. As long as we have power, I'm okay with that!

1 comment:

Habebi said...

Hope you all are snuggled up cozy and warm! I wish I could come over and help you out with that cake... YUM! Have a Merry and White (with power of course) Christmas!