Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BIG sigh of relief

I apologize that my posts haven't been up to snuff lately. I know at least a couple of you read my rant that I posted the other night before poster's remorse set in. Thankfully, that situation ended well for everyone and the appropriate words were said by all. I like when the drama dies a quick, painless death. I know that I've been rather obsessive lately about M2 and her situation, and I apologize that it's taken over the blog. I realized just how much it had taken over yesterday when I was canning more food (blackberry jam, peach preserves, peaches, and tomatoes) and didn't take one single photo. I hope to get a *real* garden post up by the end of the week. It won't be pretty, but it'll be something!

Back on M2, though, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. She has started her medication and didn't have a single fit yesterday. Not one. I didn't even realize how much I had been (psychologically speaking) holding my breath and tiptoeing around hoping to avoid meltdowns that came anyway. I don't know if the lack of tantrum was due to medication or not, but not having to deal with a screaming child was lovely. Today she's at Grandma's, and she can generally hold it together around other people. She'll probably lose it when she gets back tomorrow, just detoxing, but not having her and M1 bickering all the time is mentally satisfying, too. Even he is breathing a sigh of relief. School starting back in up in a few weeks should be good for everyone.

I also got in touch with a pediatric psychiatrist who takes our insurance and set up an intake appointment for next Tuesday. So quickly! I am grateful. I know there will be pile upon pile of paperwork to fill out before then, but who cares?? My girl is going to get some help, and that's what matters.

I am doing much, much better. I am starting to really laugh again and think in terms of humor - I didn't know how much of that I'd been suppressing, too, but in addition to coming off of Stress Cliff above Meltdown Lake, I'm also coming out of a giant London-sized brain fog.

It's a good, good feeling. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

1 comment:

Habebi said...

Always here for ya babe! Going through what you've been going through, it's no surprise you were holding your breath all the time. Can't blame you at all there! Hopefully the intake appt. will go very well and you all can get an even better picture of what's going on (which I'm pretty sure will happen). Knowing what's going on and an outline, at the very least, of action takes that burden of having to guess about what to do off of you. Lots and lots of hugs going your way! Keep on laughing, it's the best medicine