Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A blurb

Because I haven't blogged in FOUR WHOLE DAYS... here's a blurb.

My son went to spend the night at his Grandma's house last night because he didn't want to come substitute teach with me today. I get that he didn't want to be the 8-year-old in a classroom of 3- and 4-year-olds and maybe one or two 5-year-olds (again), so when my wonderful MIL agreed to watch him and make sure he got his school stuff done, I was at peace.

But I missed my little dude, and I told him that at bedtime tonight. Here's how it went:

Me: I love you, Dude. Sleep well. I missed you!

Dude: Really?

Me: Yes, really!

Dude: Why?

Me: Because you're my little dude! And even though you drive me nuts half the time and I have no idea how to handle you and we both get frustrated and mad sometimes, I love you tons and tons! And I missed you!

Dude: Oh. [smiles] Cool.

*heart melt*

I'm a sap. I can't help it. My kids are totally my weakness.

1 comment:

Habebi said...

Let's say it all together now... 'awwwwweeeee!'