Monday, September 27, 2010

Conclusions

I have come to the conclusion that...

... I am going to lose my mind in November.  I signed up for NaNoWriMo.  For those of you who aren't familiar with it (and I wasn't until a couple years ago when I saw people talking about it on a forum), it's National Novel Writing Month.  The idea is to put out 50,000 words. Quantity over quality, baby.  Production I can do.

... Chickens do not like dirty nests.  Oz and I discovered this when they kicked all the hay out of all three nest boxes yesterday.  Why?  Because an egg got broken in ONE of them.  We also discovered that when you put new, dusty hay in the boxes and the chickens are in the coop inspecting the work while you do it, they will sneeze.  Chicken sneezes are funny.  Chicken sneezes also make me paranoid because I've read over and over about how susceptible chickens are to respiratory illness.  Thankfully nobody looks ill and nobody was sneezing today, so I'm 99% sure it was the dust causing it.

... I do not like the fact that I am out of friends and relations who have bigger children than mine.  I miss hand-me-downs.  I'm having to buy fall and winter wardrobes for both the boy AND the girl this fall.  Be still, my shrinking budget.  If you know anyone who has a girl size 7/8 or a boy size 10/12, let me know.  I'd love to hit them up.  Oh, and I did find navy slacks at Target today.  I bought six pairs.  Overkill maybe, but I don't want to go back and she has a tendency to rip clothes.

... Work may be slow forever.  And I'm okay with this.  When the work is caught up, nobody gets hounded to work extra.  Less stress is a good thing.

... I may always be close to the weight I am now.  I may always a size 12 when it comes to pants.  I may always have a bit of a gut.  But if I can continue to buy the jeans I bought at Kohl's over the weekend and if I can continue to snack at night and eat things like Braum's sundaes and/or Sonic blasts, I might actually be content with this.  Maybe.

... I have a Depression mentality when it comes to food.  I have a side-by-side fridge/freezer, a deep freeze, and a fairly decent-sized pantry.  All are stuffed, and there's overflow on the counter.  I keep telling myself I need to make a giant list of everything I have and work on cleaning things out a bit, but then I freak out about all of us getting sick simultaneously, or what if the swine flu comes back with a vengeance and we're all quarantined for a week or two?  What I *should* be thinking is what if we have another ice storm and the power is out for a week again???  I would actually puke at throwing all that food out.  That's the sort of motivation I need...

I think I'll go work on that.  Have a great day, everyone!

No comments: