Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Can I get an AMEN?

In no particular order, the top 4 reasons I don't ever really want to leave Oklahoma (well, other than the regulation-free homeschooling):

1.
Braum's. If you have never had Braum's ice cream or milk or shakes or BURGERS... you haven't really lived. They don't have 1/4 lb. burgers. No way. They have 1/6 or 1/3 lb. burgers. And they're irregularly shaped. Yes, the service is a bit slower than your average fast-food joint, but for the love of all things foodie, it's worth it. And they have things like cappuccino chunky chocolate FROZEN YOGURT.

I say no more.

Except to say that they concentrate their milk which is rBGH-free. That's right, folks. It's the only kind of milk I'll drink. And they sell produce and other groceries.

OK, really now... I say no more.


2.Shiner Bock. Yes, I know it's a Texas beer, but srsly... it's *REAL* beer. It's not in every state yet. One day it will be, but till then, I must live where there's Shiner.


3.
QuikTrip. The GOD among convenience stores. Even people who think 7-Eleven is the bomb-diggity are awed and bow to the goodness of QuikTrip. Let me put it this way: You can go in there any time, day or night, 24/7, and get a truly decent meal that you won't regret eating half an hour down the road. My favorite QT breakfast is a coffee/French vanilla cappuccino and a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit. Or a doughnut. It's heaven.

Oh, and they have clean bathrooms, too.

4.

Taco Bueno. Bell sucks. Bueno rocks. There's just no other way to state it. They make their queso, refried beans, and guacamole daily. Fresh. Which means you can figure out your favorite queso-making person and find out when it's their turn to fix ;) And for some reason, their sour cream is the best on Earth.

Any other regional favorites out there? Oklahoma or otherwise? I need something to drool over (other than Trader Joe's and Costco, and we're working on that).

1 comment:

Learning 4 Life said...

You get an AMEN from me on Braum's and QT... best in the world :-)