Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pet cemetery

I am a night owl. I am always up till at least midnight, and it's usually closer to 1 a.m. before I finally crawl into bed, and I don't like to get up before 8 if I can hack it. Ideally, this would be another reason to homeschool both children except that I'm reasonably sure that if I brought M2 home, I'd kill her before she was able to actually learn anything. She and I have conflicts of personality. And she likes to get up at 6:45 a.m., no matter what day it is, which works for school, I guess, even if it doesn't agree with my circadian rhythm. One day she will understand my fond regard for the 2-10 a.m. sleep schedule that my body would really like to have.

I'm denying myself for her sake. She should thank me.

Anyway, so the other night, I realized that by 9:30 at night, I am the only 'living' thing in the house. Everything/everyone else is dead to the world. By 10:30 or 11, even Oz is usually snoozing. But since he was out running errands at the time I realized that the house was completely silent, he's not in these images. One day I'll throw a few Sleeping Oz images out here. I'm sure he'll love that. :)

Three of the cats took over the couch. Dead couch cats. Usually Oz would be where Kuro (the black one) and Dorian (on the ottoman) are, but... as I said... he wasn't home. Pepe always sleeps on the arm of the couch like that. When he wakes up, he pulls his fur out, throws it on me, and snots all over me repeatedly. He's 18, so I guess he figures it's a prerogative of age. Which would be true if I didn't have the ability to toss his fluffy butt on the floor. Which I do, but he climbs back up and repeats the process.

It took *FOREVER* to find Hermes. The flash woke him up. The reason it took so darn long to find him is that he was under M2's bed. Where she ripped the bottom fabric off her box springs a week or two ago. It makes a great cat hidey-hole that is typically covered by M2's bedspread. Brats, both of them. Good thing I love 'em.

Here's a great image of Speed Bump's rump. He likes to sleep regardless of time of day. Vixen is the gray lump in the pink chair in the background. She furs that up, I clean it, repeat. A place for everyone and everyone in their place.

That applies to Gizmo, too. He likes the cold floor.

Tempest was lurking under *my* bed. On my green shag carpet that I'm pretty sure is original to my 1965 house. It doesn't have so much the 'shag' thing going on any more. Time compacts even the craziest fiber.

Finally, let's up the cuteness factor a little. They *were* all sleeping except for Miss Sophia, who was standing guard, but apparently a flash wakes chickens up, too. They aren't this little any more. I'll have to get some new pics up soon. They're hilarious.

And now, on this lovely rainy day, I'm going to see if I can bribe M1 into watching TV (hahahaha bribe a kid to watch TV... as if!) so I can take a short catnap of my own. Happy dreams, everyone!

No comments: